Thread: Rca ctc-5h
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 12:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdKozk2 View Post
Today I reached the point of testing the 21AXP22 crt with the recapped CTC 5 chassis. As many of you suspected, the crt is a useless gassy dud. It produced pretty swirling colors of pink and purple along with a few sparks in the neck.
I have a 21FJP22-a from an old Zenith set. I was going to try this crt with the ctc5 . That way I could test out the deflection and high voltage circuits.
Has any one used a newer crt in a ctc5? If you did, did you reuse the original plastic crt cover and yoke assembly? Can I remove the 21FJP22's current banding and mounts to fit the crt into the ctc5's mask?
Ed
Ed, I have a CTC-5 Deluxe chassis model. It has a 21FBP22A/21GUP22 replacement tube. Fortunately it has an RCA metal to glass tube mounting conversion kit. This allows the installation of the new tube to the existing mounting receptacles w/o using the 21AX plastic shield. The original yoke was retained.These kits are extremely hard to find and other various homemade mounting hardware has been used for installing later model 21" round tubes.

-Steve D.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN8188 (3).jpg (111.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN8191 (3).jpg (64.3 KB, 50 views)