View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 03:23 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by benman94 View Post
This is the second time in 12 months that I know of that a 15GP22 has been falsely accused of being a dud. This is why anything I'm interested in gets tested with my modified Beltron. Always test a tube with a tester you're comfortable with and trust, to do otherwise could be an extremely expensive mistake.
That, in a nutshell, is why I did not bid either of the 21" sets to my limit. I brought all the equipment I needed to vet all CRTs in the sets there, and the ~1-2 hours I had before the auction got eaten by swapmeet so I never had the chance to see for myself if the claims of good and bad CRTs were accurate. I've seen enough bad tubes called good and enough good tubes pronounced dead that I don't like to take others' word on things unless I'm letting go of a small enough sum, or getting enough out of the rest of the set to not care if the CRT is good. I've had several people get but hurt over my not taking their word on CRT condition, but if I'm shelling out a C-note or more and the rest of the set is not worth far enough over the purchase price to make up for a dead CRT then I feel it is only fair to allow the buyer to check the CRT for themselves first...And I'd encourage any buyers of my sets to do so if they feel the need.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4