View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 11:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Did a few quick checks on the chassis and thought I'd put power to after replacing the power supply caps. Fired it up and it plays great! The bad news is the power transformer is shorted. After a few mins. you can start to smell it. And it gets really hot! Think I've got a line on a replacement for it.

Will be going to Mohawk School in a month or so. This maybe my first victim as the cabinet is pretty beat up. The good thing is I can "help" my boss to get all of the right supplies!

I can't seem to find any info on it. No model # and I tried looking her up in my Mallory Guide. It lists sets by model# and tube#s so sometimes you can figure the model out by the types of tubes it uses but no luck. I don't mind working on it with out a diagram as it is a simple set. I'm thinking it's from about 1932 or so because of the 6pin 2.5v tubes and it has the old police band right above the BC band.

Next time I'm near thrift store I'm going to pop in and pick up a few shot glasses to see if they fit in the door. I,m not much drinker.

Terry