View Single Post
Old 03-16-2023, 02:05 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
Do those charging stations for electric cars have credit card access, just like the parking meters have?
I'm guilty of living in the past!
According to MIPs. I think you can get a home charger, find a normal outlet and steal electricity if so inclined.

I like the past better and do my best to live there too....I swear if I had a time machine I'd be solid gone, and there'd be a number of prominent politicians that never got born because I found ways of keeping their parents from meeting each other...

I have zero interest in owning an electric car....Now if Chevy (or Cadillac in their equivalent vehicle) had a plug in hybrid suburban with an LS V8 and it was out long enough to get it reasonable used I'd look for one(at 60k+ for a new base suburban and 100k for the cadillac version I rather use that money to make a down payment on a house, and will sooner buy used and fix it myself).

Supposedly a lot of the electrics you can use to power your whole house in an emergency...I wouldn't do that with a full electric as having the ability to drive out is important if things don't get fixed, but I would do that with a hybrid.

I kinda wonder if the house chargers on the full electrics would let you charge off a portable gas generator as you drive....The only way I could be sold on a full electric is if it could do that with a generator strapped to the roof for unlimited range. I got better things to do on road trips than sit at charging stations....Hell there's some routes you can't even take because there isn't charging.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4