View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Banned

Well either way I liked that it was an early Panasonic VCR as I like that they are easy to repair if they ever break down that's why I got it, although I do have a mid 1980s (about 1985 or 1986 vintage) JVC Made Zenith VCR that I paid about $6 for at the Goodwill that's a 4-head mono unit that works pretty well yet (but I wanted a good stereo unit for my bedroom TV which I did have an old Sony SLV-575UC (which was also a goodwill find for $6) hooked up to for a while but then moved that down to my LCD Projector that's in my basement.
Anyways I'm sorry you don't find early front loader VCRs as fascinating as I do. Although I find most any early VCR fascinating but this one being an early Stereo VCR was what made me find it most interesting.

With as bad of luck as I've had with trying to locate and repair older top loader units I think front loaders are where my niche is because I have a lot better luck repairing and locating front loader VCRs than I do top loaders, the past two Top loaders I've tried to fix (one a Panasonic PV-1100 that was given to me by someone I used to go to church with had an issue with not wanting to play back in color and this was before I knew about this website and I couldn't fix it so I junked it out, and then my most recent venture with my Hitachi VCR which was also not a very successful repair as one problem after another would just crop up when I fixed one issue another issue would crop up and so on and so forth.)
As interesting as top loaders are and as much as I would love to have one in my collection I don't think it would be practical considering that most top loaders are well over 35+ years old and have sat in some unsavory conditions for probably close to 20+ years I'm guessing that they're going to have more problems than is worth my time or money fixing compared to a front loader of the same time period.

Last edited by Captainclock; 01-04-2016 at 05:26 PM.