View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 02:09 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
Cool... I'm still at work, so at least now I sorta have an idea what I'm looking at might be going on with this cute little set. I did try and do a Google image search on "Spark gap"...and really only got the sort of things you would expect to find. There was no weird quarter sized "partly naked" beige ceramic cap looking item....so I'll still hafta maybe post a pic of the one I pulled out later.

If I get to the house and pull the back off that thing again and see one side of that little part is ground, then it most likely IS a "safe path" to discharge something, which NOW I have robbed that circuit of. Removing it made ZERO difference in the picture, but I did still get the arching snap about once or twice every ten minutes or so.

I like this little set. it's very "plain" 70's....and I'd like to actually find a place for it where I'd actually watch it, AWAY from my usual little quirky collection.