View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 08:46 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
Pictures....

First is the picture I have, even with this little part out.

Second pic is of the one I didn't take out..does not arc.

Third is the part I took out. It's on the other side of the neck board. This is labeled as "C902" on the board and does have the symbol for a capacitor silkscreened on there.

Fourth is a pic of the neck board, you can see that this SAME little part (is labeled as a capacitor on the board) is on the right. This one I did not take out, and it doesn't do this arcing thing at all.

I looked carefully at the board and see no burn marks at ALL anywhere....and no part APPEARS to be under stress and the board is bright and clean on it's green side with all bright solder and traces. I also did pull off the board from the CRT and see nothing that indicates any corrosion or breakdown of the focus pin (I'm gonna assume this is the seperate lone pin at the top seperated by some space from the others)

I've run the set at least a couple hours now and have NOT heard a single snap...or seen anything go weird. I'm starting to think I may have "fixed" something by removing and replacing that neck board on the CRT. I had not touched it since the set was shipped, so who knows...coulda been unhappy in some way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture.jpg (60.9 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg capacitor left.jpg (66.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg capacitor right.jpg (45.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Neck board.jpg (81.4 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg model number.jpg (63.8 KB, 29 views)