View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 09:01 PM
M is for Memory

Simple method make your own universal CRT adapter using the base from a dead old tube like a 12LP4 (or a brightener for one), some wire, and some alligator clips. That is what I did for my B&K 466...The connector the adaptors plug into is the same connector it uses for 12LP4s and the like so it was the easiest for me to make an adaptor for. All I have to do is look up the pinout for loose CRTs I want to test. For tubes in sets as was the case of the 15GP22 in my CT-100 I just used the color code from the chassis socket wiring to plan out the connections. I only have my universal adapter wired for one gun since there is only one meter on my tester.

You may want to look up the datasheets on the newer CRTs since some odd heater voltages, low focus and or G2 voltages and unusual pinouts came to be around the advent of inline gun CRTs. Some older tubes used odd heater voltages too but it is usually easy to figure out which.

If you test a lot of some category of tube it may be worth it to find a socket and make a dedicated adapter.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4