View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 10:40 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixmeplease View Post

In the 1980s there was an elderly racer who came out of retirement at my local stock car races. he used one of those Hudsons i already mentioned and routinely won the races against modern cars and engines. Beefed up 350 Chevy's mostly. it was fun to watch. There was a Buick straight 8 in those races too who i dont remember winning but if he bumped another car they flew off the track pretty quick, lol That car was heavy.

What would I like to see in modern cars? Vent windows. Ford quit it in 1996 on their trucks, unsure with cars. its nice to open a window without that loud sucking sound without one. If I ever get a modern truck it will be something I will have to modify and Ive heard it can be done. Fins on pickups are something else that was never really done except on Rancheros but Ive been waiting for someone to try it. Add some class to the ugly box trucks now. I agree about hood ornaments too.
That stock car story is hilarious.

I know my Lincoln Mark V offered power vent windows in 78.

IIRC Dodge had a 1 year only finned pickup based on their forward look cars (also the 59 Chevy el Camino)... I'd imagine the camper shell crowd probably would have some choice words if anyone made a finned pickup today... I sort of wish they would make finned cars again. There are a few nice cars today but styling has been fairly bland since the 70s.

One thing I forget about and miss is full size sedans with big trunks (and for that matter any car with a good size trunk that doesn't have a mail slot for a door making the space inside almost useless) also the station wagons based on the full size sedans....I would have liked one more than my suburban but they are all pushing into rust bucket territory or held on to by their owners.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4