View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 04:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubis7 View Post
Hi all,

I'm in the midst of restoring a 1966 GE Portacolor and was hoping for some guidance. In replacing one of the can capacitors, I screwed up and installed one of the sections backwards. Now it's gone from mostly working to lighting the tube heaters and doing nothing else.

According to the schematic, there's a .5V fuse just before the capacitor I installed backwards. That would trip if someone did what I did, and would cause the symptoms I've seen. I see it on the tube chart, I see it listed multiple times in the schematic, but I'll be damned if I can see it in the set.

I'm including the schematic. Has anyone worked on one of these before? I'm trying to find fuse M2. Am I losing my mind or something?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q4d...ew?usp=sharing
It is shown on the bottom left hand corner of the "printed circuit - top view" diagram, which is the image on the right hand side of page 8.

Find L34, and trace it out - one wire should go to a rectifier diode, the other to fuse M2.

Also, this may not be a normal glass fuse.. sometimes TV sets (no idea about this one) used a hair thin piece of wire as a fuse. If this is the case, put in a normal AGC fuse holder and install a normal 1/2 amp fuse.