View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 02:18 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Atari Video Music and my Avante

Not sure where to put this, but since It's hooked up to my Avante, I'll post it here.

So I finally got around to hooking up my Atari Video Music unit to the Avante (unit is one of the first electronic color organ that uses your TV). It is being fed the music from a Sherwood S-7100. I have never fired the unit up before, so I'm hoping there is something I need to adjust/replace in it to give me a good image. As it looks now, the screen it produces is lacking any real color definition and most colors are muted. The areas of the screen with no activity are supposed to be black, but instead, it is static filled (blue, white and red).

I would imagine the caps in it might be on the dry side after 40+ years. Maybe the RF unit isn't up to snuff. Also, the detail of the moving graphics aren't as clean as they show in their brochure. I've attached how they show them and what I am getting.

Anyway, any suggestions are welcome. Could be this is as good as it was back when new and someone here can verify.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vmcontrols.jpg (103.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Video Music static s.jpg (56.2 KB, 35 views)

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650