View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 01:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

I don't think I ever tried mine with OTA digital. When I got it was the same time we switched from antenna to cable and by then we may have had it set up in the bedrooms too.
It works very well for video games, I use it with my Wii or NES usually. I watch TV on it sometimes but of course the picture is narrow over digital cable.

Mine never had any issues but my parents' one seems to make a high pitched tone when it's been on for a while. It's a bedroom TV they never use much.

Now as far as computer monitors, I do believe those went all LCD by the late 2000s. I graduated in 2007 and the only computer monitors in my high school that were LCD were in the front office. Everything else was black Dell 17" with built in speakers on any new systems they got and they were still getting them at least as late as 2006. The cafeteria computers had CRT touch screens. We were not allowed to have LCD screens in classrooms or computer labs because students would break them.

When I started college in fall of 2007 it was totally different. Almost all of the computers on the college campus had Dell LCDs. There was only one computer in the whole college I remember with a CRT monitor on it and it was on one the students could use in the lobby. I don't know if it was because it was the only one but it seemed HUGE.

Oh and I just remembered my physics teacher in high school got a new CRT TV set to use for Powerpoints on her computer. I'm having trouble remembering the brand but it seems it was one sold at Walmart, eLo or something. That thing must have been at least a 40", I think the cabinet was silver. So they were still selling large screen CRTs as late as 2006-early 07 because this was my senior year. I wonder now why they didn't just install a projector on the ceiling for it.

Last edited by crt89; 07-04-2018 at 01:22 PM.