View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 04:20 PM
Alchemizes cash to tubes

Alright, I'm back with good news. After my tube was dropped at the wrong address, then retrieved and delivered correctly the next day, I was able to test the swap. Sure enough, the new Output/AGC tube has cured my picture flickering. I'm going to call this project wrapped for now. Once my paycheck comes in, I'll be picking up one of those little cheap RF adapters so I can put up my test pattern DVD and align the picture, and I've got a few cosmetic things to replace. I'm looking for a new back, the gold trim has a chip in it I'm planning to fill in and repaint, there's a gouge in the black trim around the picture tube, and the silver paint accent around the trim is wearing away. Eventually, I'll get some information and hopefully a new back and get it all cleaned up.

Thanks again to everyone that helped me through this one! I'll always get a chuckle out of the fact that the entire problem I set out to solve in the first place was a simple tube swap.