View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 02:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

1949 Garod 12TZ20 ?

Hello, I just came home with a 1949 Garod 12TZ20 Tabletop. The set is Mahogany. I had originally thought it was a 10" set. The cabinet is pretty good, needs a little veneer re-glued here and there. The chassis has no rust, looks complete (only 1 tube missing). I will try to take some more photo's (this one is the ad from kijiji "a Canadian version of craigslist"). Right now, I'm leaving it in the hall, where I lugged it in by myself and almost got a hernia. This thing weighs a TON. It is missing the inner center knob in the middle. The rest are there. There doesn't seem to be any stickers on it anywhere. I can see what is left of the sticker on the back of the picture tube, but it is faded badly.Of all the other pictures of these sets they seem to have a gold foil "mask" around the picture tube. This has what looks like original "flocked" like material. I probably paid too much, as the owner knew that it was scarce and he had bought it off of the original owner years ago. Any advice is welcome.
Tony
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1949 Garod 12TZ20.JPG (10.9 KB, 78 views)