View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 11:33 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUD1 View Post
I'm rapidly losing patience with this record player. It's completely useless as a changer because it changes two or three records at a time. I tried switching the order of the records, and it did nothing. Is it possible that the little piece inside the spindle is moving too slow? I just wanted to have a nice relaxing evening with Loggins and Messina, (in the correct order) but instead I just got pissed off. This thing is red-lining my patience-ometer.
I've done several RCA 45 changers and a number of full-sized models since this post and a problem I've encountered and dealt with that hampers speed despite a good idler is bad lubrication in the motor bearings. Sometimes you get lucky and just adding lube will fix it, but other times it is more work....When the old lube is turned to glue sometimes you have to mark the motor parts (so it goes back together exactly as was with no reversals), take the motor apart, soak the bearings in lighter fluid for a day to dissolve the old gunk then add a few drops of 3-in-1 and reassemble. One of the youtube videos on the RCA RP-168 or RP-190 explains the process well.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4