View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 09:49 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman82 View Post
I still want it for parts, but since you bid on it while I was too busy rebuilding tubes to return fire I'll just charge you double for CRT rebuilds in the future...
With all due respect, given how rare and interesting/desirable ANY tube S-C color set is (let alone a probably one-of-a-kind rebadge like this). Buying it to chop up for the kind of sets you collect strikes me with a similar feeling of absurdity that buying a numbers matching survivor GTO Judge, to rip the engine out, so it can be installed in a Dusenburg would... After telling you my top number then hearing you reply you wanted to part it out, that almost instantly drove my top number MUCH higher than quoted and galvanized my desire to save it....I'd have probably gone up to $200+ on it if you had camped out by it near the end. I had nothing better to do than baby sit it since I needed to have it ride back with someone else and that someone wanted it loaded before dinner...

It is like being at a cat shelter auction and bidding on a cat only to realize the Chinese lady near by, bidding against you is licking her lips and debating how to cook it.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 05-06-2016 at 09:58 PM.