View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 02:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well bumping with an update. I have to go to Madrid next week for work, and I also have a credit with Hertz, and if that's not a sign I don't know what is.

So I'm taking the train down on Wednesday, getting a van early Thursday morning, and picking up my new Predicta at 9:30. Also two 12-inch Zenith tube B&W sets (one with genuine leather on it), a mint Philco Townhouse ("the ugliest Philco"), a 12" GEE B&W set, and a Grundig midcentury console stereo with 6BQ5 outputs and a reel-to-reel deck, after a meandering tour of the suburbs of Madrid. There is also a funny-looking Sylvania B&W set and a 19" GEE B&W with stand that I might add if I can fit them in time-wise. I took Electronic M's advice and decided to average the cost of all the TVs together and that way the Predicta was a bargain.

One potential fly in the ointment is that the Predicta is actually in an old house that has no electricity. Conveniently. So I'm going to bring a DVM and check for filament continuity in the CRT and cross my fingers.

Pics next week!
Audiokarma