View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 09:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

I got the cabinet but it didn't have the chassis or speaker. I then bought an Arvin console TV from the same year. Both TV's are 21". Both had all glass picture tubes in them. Rider's says they should have 21MP4 metal/glass CRT's. More on that a little later.

Here is the cabinet:

Here is a picture of the backside of the donor.

The cabinet CRT had this label on it:

Sure enough I confirmed that it was a 8213 that we had growing up.

Now some pictures of the chassis.

When I bought the console I noticed that the HV cage cover was missing. We looked at another Arvin console the guy had and sure enough that cage was missing too. After getting it home and pulled out of the cabinet, it was apparent why it wasn't there. Both TV's originally came with a 21MP4 a metal/glass CRT. Both of these TV's had all glass CRT's. They were 21ZP4A and a 21ZP4B. The glass tubes were larger and the retrofit required "modifying" the HV cage.

Of course I'll rework the cage by putting on a sloped corner and cover.

Here is the standard bottom picture of the chassis. Not bad.

Yeah, there were rodents here one time.

Another challenge will be because this chassis really isn't the correct one, it is not a slip fit in. The front controls are about 1/2" high. Looks like I could lower them without too many problems. Also the "Pencil Box" controls will have to be moved more to the right and the chassis has 5 controls and a slide switch. My cabinet has 3 controls (plus a spare hole) and a slide switch. One of the front panel controls will have to be "hidden" somehow. I'm sure I can work it out.

A big undertaking for sure.

BTW, it doesn't hurt asking if anybody might have one of these TV's complete and would be willing to sell or even just the right chassis number either a TE-319 or a TE-330?

Last edited by Crist Rigott; 01-07-2019 at 09:43 PM.