View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 12:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobK View Post
Hi everyone:

I hope this is the right place to post this message. I'm working on a book on the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago, where the Admiral radio/TV factory (3800 W Cortland) was located for many years. However, I have come up short looking for photos of the plant, either inside or exterior shots. Does anyone have or know where we might find such photos? We want to be sure to include this important part of the neighborhood in this upcoming book.

Thanks!

-Jacob Kaplan
Jacob,

Just came across this paragraph on the site "Made in Chicago" The primary Chicago plant for Admiral Corp. was located at 3800 West Cortland Street for roughly 30 years—one of the many factories located off the old Bloomingdale train line (including Schwinn Bicycles, Ludwig Drum Co., and Playskool). The factory was leveled in the 2000s and the Marine Leadership Academy at Ames 1920 Hamlin @ Cortland stands in its place. Here is a photo of The Marine Leadership Academy at Ames. An exhaustive on line search found no photos of the Cortland St. plant. Wish you well.

-Steve D.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Admiral plant location.jpg (127.5 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by Steve D.; 02-07-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Audiokarma