View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 03:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

'04 Samsung HLN4365W 43" DLP TV. Fix or junk?

I'm leaning towards junk; but, thought I'd ask your opinion.

Someone I know asked me to fix the above mentioned Samsung TV. He claimed that someone gave it to his son and that it had a chewed up AC power cord. I normally don't like taking in stuff like this; but, I figured it might be some easy cash if all it needed was a new AC cord.

Of course, that would have been too easy for the AC cord to be all that was wrong with it. After replacing the chewed up power cord, the only action I get are blinking "LAMP" and "TEMPERATURE" LED's as soon as the set is plugged in.

My first thought is a bad lamp; but, I don't want to replace the lamp and there end up being more wrong with it. I think I remember reading somewhere that the color wheel is a high failure part in certain Samsung sets and given the fact that this TV is 8 years old, I don't want to get it going just to have it come back in a week with another failure.

So, can you think of any good reason why I should advise the customer to have this set fixed? I'm leaning towards telling him to spend his money on a new TV.