View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 09:04 AM
See yourself on Color TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagosaga View Post
Hi,

some years ago, I visited Marcel van Grinsven in s'Hertogenbosch. He had manually rewound the primary coil of a burned flyback for a 90° Delta shadowmask color tv set. The rewound flyback looks lousy, but it worked! I saw the set working with this flyback.

Meanwhile, he could replace the rewound flyback with a spare one.

I learned that rewinding a primary coil seems not as difficult as it looks like. The reclacing of the EHT coil with a coil from an other flyback model is much easier since the technical values are more similar. I have even replaced a Sojvet EHT coil for a coplor flyback with a ten-years older German EHT coil of a quite different color tv set.

Kind regards,
Eckhard
I would like to second this idea - if the primary winding is separable from the secondary. The primary winding depends mainly on its inductance for proper operation, since the distributed capacitance is not that large, plus, it is essentially in parallel with the yoke inductance. The secondary (HV) winding is tuned by its distributed capacitance, which means you need the same materials as well as the same winding configuration to get the original result in rewinding the secondary. Using an existing good secondary coil in case that has failed also makes sense, since you will get both the designed inductance and distributed capacitance.

I wish the OP good luck, but also want to say that I personally never would raise the B+ , HO current or HV to improve the picture. HO and HV stages are just designed too close to nominal to do that IMO.
Audiokarma