View Single Post
Old 12-29-2023, 10:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut View Post
The customer control is DC only, so it would be set for proper convergence at the center.

The H and V waveforms will have a specific polarity with variable amplitude because the beams must converge at a sharper angle at picture center than at the edges due to the geometry of scanning a flat surface.
Yes I have thought about that too. I found that the later color faceplates which have a curvature, I believe the deposition of the phosphor was aligned through the faceplate itself. This would mean that the dynamic correction would only need to be minimal. I thought the flat faceplate in the 15GP22 would have been manufactured similarly so as to minimize dynamic correction suggesting only a plus/minus minor correction would be needed.

I am curious now to find out. I plan to pick up a MOSFET tomorrow and externally breadboard it to measure waveforms. I can also try the chassis with a plate load resistor on the 12AU7 to examine the waveform and the dynamic vertical control range waveforms to see what will be input.

Fingers crossed!

Last edited by Penthode; 12-30-2023 at 01:12 AM.