View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 03:57 AM
I love old stuff

In one old brochure I've seen they recomended to wash the oil with parafin.
This is a good solution.
My cars of interest did have oil filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
lol I'll have to remember that one! But yeah, I think in the 30s and 40s the Brits still had some self respect. Those old Daimlers are nice too. Come to think of it... I'll bet you could get a Ford Model A with little effort, as well. Pretty sure lots were sent overseas. I know they're still common in the UK. The advantage to something like that is parts are still available. Even in a worst case, you could order a part from US, there's still plenty here. And they are, apparently, still very drive-able cars, from a modern point of view.
"Ford" A it's intresting, but it haves one problem: clasicall manaul gearbox.
It's a manual gerabox? No. It's an automatic gerbox no? But then what it is? It's semiautomatic. It's a preselector gerabox. "Daimler" had that. It get close to the ideea of perfect gerabox for me, except for the fact that you can't skeep speeds (for eg going from 4th to 2nd directly) while the car is on the move without the risk of harming the gerabox. At least at classical preselector. Electropneumatic commanded like at the "Cord" 810/812 or post-war "Arsmtrong-Siddeley"... don't know.

Anyway, no matter the car, I must have a garage. Because parking is horrible in my are and there a lot of dumb people. This year 3 very young boys devasted a school because they went angry because of a toy. A week later, some very young girls devasted a few cars just for fun...