View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 07:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Those take 4 AA batts. Pop some in and try it...Much faster/easier than combing through lit to see if it is compatible (and it is not like you can hurt the TV with the wrong remote)...If the TV doesn't respond look at the front of the remote through the viewfinder of a digital camera or camcorder...CCD imaging devices can see infrared light so if you watch the front via a viewfinder and push a button on the remote you should see a flashing light on the remote front in the viewfinder.

If the remote lights and the TV don't respond they probably are not compatible...If the remote doesn't light then the remote needs repair or your batteries are weak.

I've got 2 remotes from that period that I want to use with my CED player...One doesn't light, and the other probably ain't compatible.
You mean the one I had doesn't work at all!
I never really tried it and if I did, I probably did the AM radio trick. I don't remember trying it on an actual piece of equipment.
After that many years some functions probably wouldn't work, but I really wanted to see it work on your CED player.