View Single Post
Old 01-11-2024, 10:24 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
Yes I'll have to do a full alignment on this. I tweaked the 1st video IF coil and that got rid of the waviness. It has a very good picture now. The issue is the misalignment, or the lack of being in the same place on the dial for sound and picture. Looking at the Crosley schematic right now and I see what you are talking about with the "split".
Eeek. The IF adjustment you should not have touched. You need to set the baseline reference which is getting sound tuned in by correctly setting the RF Oscillator. The tuning will behave like an older FM radio with discrimator detector: eg nulls either side of best sound. You adjust the RF tuning to get best sound. If lucky, when yopu adjust for best sound, you may adjust the first IF back to where it was.

The set is capable of providing a highly resolved full bandwidth picture. But the only way to achieve it is to ensure it is properly aligned. My suggestion I think is the best but if you are will to compromise with less than optimal performance you may fiddle around until you get some sort of a picture.

Last edited by Penthode; 01-11-2024 at 10:28 AM.