View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIPS View Post
The luminous surface itself obviously doesn't get tested but the setup for the EM87 is listed on page 136.

Code:
A - 2, 6, 8
B - 6
C - G
D - 1
Socket - 3
I really don't trust the emissions or grid leak tests on this tube because its so simple but if the heater comes on it's a pretty good sign the tube is fine.
Interesting because I've had several tuning eye tubes that I really wanted to test but couldn't find the setup info for the tubes, like for instance I have an old Silvertone stereo that uses an EM84 tuning eye tube which its working fine currently but I was kind of curious as to how much life the tube had left in it, I also have an old Grundig Console Radio that uses the European equivalent to the 6E5/6U5 tube (which obviously the Sencore isn't going to be able to test 4,5 and 6 pin tubes because it doesn't have provisions for those sockets, although I'm guessing they had adaptors available for it that made it so you could test 4, 5 and 6 pin tubes using the octal socket I'm assuming.)
It certainly would be cool to see this old VTR up and running again but seeing how badly beaten up it is and how many parts and pieces are missing you may just have to use it as a display piece.

Last edited by Captainclock; 03-12-2016 at 10:01 PM.