View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 07:13 AM
VideoKarma Member

New '60s Philco Roundie

Well in June I saw this with a SOLD sticker at our local recycle store. At the time I wasn't much impressed but after posting on Facebook about it I decided to frequent the store two or three times a weeks the rest of the summer- like lightening was going to strike twice (we had 2 stations only part color here in the early '60s). But then what reappeared last Fri. but this same early '60s Philco roundie with amp and original turntable (I had thought it was just storage, didn't look at it closely due to the SOLD sticker in June). They had determined to put it aside and research it but decided it was rare but not too valuable. SO they suggested $50- and it's mine now.

They informed me the possible collector interest was well known to them for anything odd like this. I never ever see color sets this old in the "field" here, they are rare enough in NYC or Boston areas where stations were plentiful.

I'm told this uses transistors in the signal chain and isn't a CTC clone, and is a 1966 product? The yellow edge makes me suspect a Zenith-made CRT. Any info before I begin tearing into it (possibly mid-Oct) would be appreciated. 6813931 is what is marked as a model number as far as I can tell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4184.jpg (74.6 KB, 273 views)

Last edited by Hagstar; 09-29-2016 at 04:07 PM.