View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 03:27 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
The only one I found that works, what I consider good is the Terk, that looks like a Yagi design. My home is 37-40 miles from the Milwaukee transmitter site. I get, all the UHF based channels and the subs 96% of the time. Weather conditions, in the area affect it. I have it on the closet shelf and it must be a sweet spot.
Nice! but do you receive The high band VHF channel (WMVS ch 8) from Milwaukie? At a distance, people seem to have a lot more problems receiving the VHF channels, while the much higher power UHF can be pretty decent (weather permitting).
Terk HDTVa? My wife was using one of those in her Sewing/Quilting room until a strong wind/rain storm killed reception during an important football game. We live only about 12 miles from the TV towers. I had egg on my face as I quickly ran coax down the hallway to connect her set up to an outside antenna

edit add; link to Terk HDTVa, note the VHF dipoles on the sides : http://www.crutchfield.com/p_209HDTV...a.html?tp=3261

not affiliated,
jr

Last edited by jr_tech; 02-01-2015 at 05:04 PM. Reason: add link to picture/ad for Terk HDTVa
Audiokarma