View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 07:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have this set at work and had to move it off the bench to actually do some things I'm employed to do. Sometimes work interferes with my hobby pusuits. Anyway, the pictures from bandersen show small rectangular glass protrusions around the face of the CRT. Those protrusions are designed to engage the hood I described. It is obviously designed to keep reflected light from hitting the face of the tube thus washing out the contrast to some degree. The question remains: from where is this light expected to iminate? I will try to get a decent picture of it tomorrow and post it. I wouldn't be surprised if many of these hoods were lost over the years. I don't expect the life span of a rubber band in that environment to be very long. It is mentioned in the sams but it doesn't say how it is to be arranged. They, or course, assumed you would be replacing an existing tube and therefore would simply put the hood back as if was before. Thanks for your help, and bandersen get busy and resort your Scott so we can compare notes
Audiokarma