View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Cahill View Post
I'm disappointed that I couldn't watch the film, but, thank you for a most interesting history, and, a wonderful job done. Speaking of first., We were the first family on Woodcrest, in Harper woods, to own a 1950 RCA Victor 6T74 16" TV. All the neighbors used to come to watch it. Years later, someone gave me just the tv guts for the rare combination 10" tv AM-FM table model tv. That's how I first found out they made such a set...
Thanks for a wonderful job, guys......................

Bill Cahill
I forgot to mention that my father worked for JL Hudsons in both Detroit, and, eventually, the new JL Hudons at Eastland shopping center. He got the family tv as a Christmas present in 1949 at an employee discount. If you are interested in An unfinished Very long post I did in Antique Radio Forums some years ago with pictures. I have had a lot of health issues, so, set, and, interesting saga on the one I have Should make interesting reading. I also have started a posting on an RCA Victor 8TR29 in antique television section in my forum,Tube Radio and, appliances the friendliest forum in the whole world. I have two posts. One on the original junker I picked up years ago with many pictures. The other a recently started one wi5th a couple of starting pictures, not of my set, yet, that Tim kindly got for me. I decided to finish that one. Someone had done a lot of work on it.
Bill Cahill

"We now return you to our regularly scheduled program."