View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 01:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

I used to go the Baltimore high end rare and valuable antiques show held once a year. Craters & Freighters always had a booth there. I watched them build the crate for my 1933 Visionette mechanical television. I got it at an ETF Conference and didn't have an address for them to pick up so delivered to their warehouse. They did a really good job measuring and building the crate. The also provided the insurance based on my purchase price. It appeared they found a shipper listed on their internal intranet. The trucking company had a different name and home address but all they do is crate and ship. Since they were the insurance carrier I would believe they look at previous damage claims etc. They're expensive but given airfares, hotel rooms along the way and rental truck costs probably not that bad. Craters & Freighters will give you a free estimate. I think you should insure for replacement cost since it will be hard to find one for what you paid. I think Steve the owner of ETF could refer a source for a realistic replacement estimate.

Last edited by rld-tv01; 03-11-2019 at 01:18 PM.