View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 11:31 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
OK, that's cool. So how long does it take exactly to "wake up" a picture tube that's been asleep for a long time? Just wondering because I've been trying to use that Montgomery Wards TV fairly often recently and it seems that its still a little dim yet and hasn't completely woken up yet.
What's interesting is that they did put a couple of small portable TVs on the floor, one of them a Realistic 5" portable color TV with Video inputs and outputs on it and an external antenna connection from 1989, and the other one a Hitachi 5" B & W portable from the early 1980s with external antenna connections as well (both had their original rod antennas intact yet). Anyways It seems if the TV is a small enough portable TV they will put it out on the floor. They also had a late 1980s Sony Watchman in their donation bin one day that was still in really good shape yet that was I think scrapped out.
I'm pretty sure is has a "Screen control", that needs adjustment. I should be on the flyback along with the focus control.
BTW, you should buy the Realistic 5" set if it's reasonable enough. One thing nice about them is they're not that large and you can use it for a monitor for VCR repair.