View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 12:40 PM
Motorola Minion

Right good question for me Telecolor! Glad you asked, or maybe not. I'm certifiable when it comes to the big vintage items.

I have three one-door refrigerator-freezers, 1950 Philco in basement is daily use, yet barely runs.
For drinks in the summer kitchen, 1947 Westinghouse with small ice box, and a Hardwick 5-burner gas range, no pic.

Philco E1104 a.jpg

1951 Kelvinator I've had for 25 years but I suspect its losing charge at last.
Kelvinator TMb.jpg
A very-electric, non-energy star 1963 Montgomery-Ward dryer built by Norge like a tank. All appliances had these fluorescent lights built in, maybe for sale gimmick, I dunno.
IMG_6401.jpg
The speed queen is only 5 years old and I would recommend this to anyone burned by the others. Consumer reports panned the SQ AWN-series washer because it used too much water, losing my confidence in CU.
If I could, I would find a Westinghouse https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...g&action=clickbut my wife would make me do all of the laundry instead of 50%

I also use an Arvin 2-slice toaster, with brown-braid asbestos cord power cord , Arvin was their tv-radio-appliance name after the Noblitt-Sparks company was no longer making war goods.

Last edited by DavGoodlin; 05-10-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Audiokarma