View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 12:36 AM
VideoKarma Member

It is truly amazing some of the utter lies and deception that go on there, not to mention completely whacked out pricing which often pretty common items go for which I don't understand (or perhaps I do) how bids can run so high when you can get the same thing for a fraction of the price. Then a trend is created driving starting bids way up as other sellers think they really have something valuable.

I recently saw a fairly common and not that popular RCA M-66X11 AM radio sell for over $500 with 17 bids. This radio can be found fairly regularly for maybe $30 and often attracts no bids. It's plain and to me UGLY. LOL! I have one myself that I don't even display. I keep it in the shed with other items that I hope to some day rid myself of. Of course the seller gives a big pitch on the total restoration of the "magnificent DECO radio, blah, blah. blah. "There's something happening here; what it is aint exactly clear."

I won't bother going into packing issues and USPS insurance claim setups which is my latest experience....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 159976f4bee0129681351780d73490b3.jpg (50.4 KB, 37 views)