View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
I already advised you on this problem, if you recall.

HOLY- $800 is WAY too much money. Wait, is that $800 parts, then labor additional?
LOL tell that guy to screw himself. Go somewhere else. That's a $300-400 job at a good shop. $200 if you go to a crappy muffler shop.

Yes, that's the 3.8. It's a good motor, but I've never seen one last that long. They develop mechanical problems later in service. If it's been babied its whole life... maybe.
Yes I know that but I was starting a seperate thread so I wasn't cluttering up someone else's thread. and As far as how many miles the 3800s can go I'm only going by what some friends of mine told me about the 3800s.
now as far as the catalytic converter replacement goes, I have the estimate paper work from the mechanic I took the car to and I can scan it into the computer for you to look at if you don't believe me about how much they said the repair would be.
I actually have some of the original paperwork from the car including the original window sticker from the car and the car originally came from Ohio and was owned by an older couple originally and as we all know older people tend to baby their vehicles which means that this car was taken care of pretty well most of its life except its previous owners (I'm only the third owner of the vehicle) had wrecked the car but only a minor wreck and repaired the car themselves and bought mismatched parts for the car and also busted some of the parts for the console inside the car. but other than that and besides the fact that some of the incompetent lube "experts" at Wal-Mart overfilling the engine with oil the car is in extremely well taken care of condition otherwise.

So Anyways if you're so upset just because I was wanting to start a seperate thread on this so that I didn't have to worry about throwing off Dave's thread then just don't comment on this thread if you feel like its that annoying to you.