View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 02:12 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Scanning for channels varies from model to model...You need to RTFM!
What is "RTFM"? Please write your responses in words I understand, and do not use these cryptic abbreviations; in fact, if that particular abbreviation stands for one or more indecent words, don't bother explaining it to me. Please answer my question without getting upset or insulting.

My TV is important to me because I cannot read well (my eyeglasses, as strong as they are, do not work well for me anymore). How will I get the new DTV channel for Cleveland's channel 43 without going to a lot of trouble? I am not even sure my Roku will get the new station once it is moved to the new digital channel.

I have had it with DTV. I wish, oh how I wish I could go back to the old type of TV with a nice big knob on the front that changes channels, as was almost universal in the '50s until the DTV era started, instead of this DTV stuff that needs to be rescanned every time something changes with the television stations. Is there any place in the United States that still has the old analog channels that can be tuned in simply by turning a knob that clicks? That system served this country well for over five decades, until this DTV garbage arrived and ruined everything.

For jr_tech: Yes, I still have my Roku and a cable connection (no standard television antenna), so I should not have to rescan my TV even if the channels change. However, there is still the question of if or when the new channel will be added to the channel guide on the Roku. On second thought, why should I worry about it? I almost never watch channel 43 anyway, since the station carries most Cleveland sports and I do not care for sports--never have in all my 60 years and never will.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 02-17-2017 at 02:16 PM.