Thread: Unisonix XL 990
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 10:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by compucat View Post
The Radio Shack version sold for $199.95 in 1983. I wanted one so bad but at 16 years old, two hundred dollars might as well have been two thousand.
Yes .The Unisonic was the same as the Shack price at Woolco around 1981 and 1982.They still had the set in 1983 when the store closed down as Woolco was going out of business.Somebody beat me to it and got before I got there.I cant recall were I got the XL990 from but it was not full price at the time.The set still works good.So does the XL980.I remember in my junior and senior year in high school I had a running joke with my friends and a couple of teachers about the 2 inch TV.I think they did not believe me on the small size TV set.

From Franks handheld TV site.

http://www.guenthoer.de/e-tube.htm

The XL990 has alot of brothers and sisters along with the Shacks Realistic 16-103 and others TMK TMK-717,Emerson VR22,ORION TVR-7120,Broksonic CIRT-2097T,Nordmende TR 101 and maybe other clones that we forgot about.They were hot sellers at the time.Especially around summer time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Yeah,its"Unisonic", NOT w/the "X". My misteak...Too bad the CRT wasn't color-THAT would have REALLY been something.
Hahaha .No problem.I agree. A color set. A couple years later the Panasonic CT101 caught my eyes .At that time I could not dish out the money for it but a few years later I end up finding one for $75 bucks in the Bargain News paper.

Now its broken with a line from up to down on the screen as a screw came loose and blown something out.

Last edited by centralradio; 07-17-2017 at 10:48 PM.