View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 09:27 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for the positive comments, guys, makes me feel better about my purchase. To answer some questions:

The radio doesn't work yet, but eventually it will. It came with a spare receiver in the trunk, too. The previous owner never did figure out where they hid the antenna-I've read of a few locations it could be. I hadn't noticed the 110 mph speedometer yet; those dials are painted with phosphorescent paint (I've read radium but don't have a geiger counter handy!) I haven't tracked down the gremlin that's preventing the dash bulbs from working but apparently they're back-lit and pretty cool looking. They glowed pretty good after the camera flash hit 'em. The previous owner said his son drove the car 70 once or twice. I need to grab my GPS and see how accurate the speedo is. I've only had it up to speed once and 60 came pretty quick for a car like this.

I went about bleeding the brakes and after doing the last wheel I checked and had no pedal at all. I'm doing this on my back in the driveway and need to do some more crawling but I suspect something broke loose. Oh, well, better to have it break now.

I tried dropping some hints to the dear Mrs. about keeping both cars but that's not flying. I'd really hate to sell it to somebody who'd rip out that great flathead six. We drove it last night to the demolition derby at the Delaware State Fair (one of the best shows I've ever seen, btw) and I got to show off a mod that Kim has been asking for for years: I rigged up a radio dial lamp underneath the hood ornament so that it glows.

And, Hi-Volt, there is an older lady across town with a 47 Plymouth 4 door rotting away in her yard. If I were serious about it I think I could talk her out of it but I believe it's a bit more than I can do right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Orca.jpg (22.8 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by bgadow; 07-29-2018 at 09:30 PM.