View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 11:27 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvflyer View Post

Do you have the manual for it?
I had the manual and factory build sheet before I ever received the unit. It's great that the information is readily out there and also that evidently many people are realizing the power (not watts) that much of this old equipment has in worth through actual use. I think most of us are going this route because the equipment although old is far from "obsolete."

If I could buy something that can do what these cap testers can do, I probably would have just for the convenience of not having to restore my restoration equipment. And frankly, I like the look of the old stuff much better, and the fact that they are still around speaks volumes for quality.

After some research and watching videos by a man who calls himself Old Coot (I think) displaying the use and capability of a bit newer unit (different brand) that had a meter and current/voltage selections, I believe I would have held out for that. But for now I think that the very simple nature of the C-3 will prove to be the best choice for a beginner (with these units).

Hey, maybe I'll start collecting and restoring vintage test equipment instead of getting buried in TVs and radios that I never seem to have the time and space for!! My Hickok 209A VTVM is next! Incredible piece of equipment!