Thread: Jvc hr-d470eg
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2023, 09:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

I redk9258.
As allways, YouŽre a 5 star person, you weŽre the only one who answer me in all questions about vcrŽs!
I really really thank you!
After measuring on cold, all the PSU components, I figured out that when I mixed up "CN6" to "CN5" the "R1" 10ohm fuse resistor burned out with "Fuse2" Thank God it did, I replaced it with a 2W 10ohm just to test and the VCR came to life again, all two audio channels work, beautifull sound, but the reel sensor doesnŽt work, it starts to play and stops just like before. I saw a chinese video on Youtube that had the same problem, I thought my problem was only caps, I was wrong... I can find the sensor, but only in foreign sites, that dont ship to Portugal.
If you or someone can ship the sensor to me IŽll pay for it.

The sensor it this...

https://www.donberg.ie/descript/g/gp_3a21.htm

Thank You all!!

Hugo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redk9258 View Post
With the power supply isolated from the VCR, the fuse no longer blows? The voltages you gave are referenced to ground? If so. they do not match the schematic.

Expected voltages:

Q1
B 13.2
C 17.7
E 11.9

Q2
B 13.6
C 17.9
E 12.3

Q4
B 6.0
C 8.9
E 5.4

It makes sense that Q4 doesn't have the voltages because it comes from the switched part of the PS.
Q1 doesn't make sense to me. It's emitter says it's 11.9 but ends up at 17V on CN1, pin 6 ??? I think they have wired crossed to pins 6 and 7 on the diagram!

Anyway, with power applied, you should have the voltages listed on CN1, CN2 CN3, CN4, CN5 and CN8 that are not marked switched.
Audiokarma