View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 07:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

First, let me thank everyone here who helped with this project.

I haven't taken pictures yet, but I will get some and get them posted if there is interest. This TV works really well. After the no sound situation got squared away, I connected a DVD player to make my finally adjustments. I had the fine tuning on channel off. You had to turn to Channel 4 to get Channel 3 to come in. I got that sorted. Originally the CRT checked fairly weak. After running for five or six hours, retesting shows the CRT tests almost like new. Who knows how long it sat unused. This old Maggotbox doesn't perform like a Zenith, but certainly better than I expected. The sound is awesome, although not stereo, since it passes thru the stereo amp and speakers. It could use about a quarter of an inch more vertical height yet. Very clear and sharp picture. It doesn't bloom at higher brightness. Vertical and horizontal are rock solid. I still need to sort the record changer and I want to build a new back for the cabinet. This will not only let the electronics show better, but it will provide better ventilation. Every tube in this stereo are on when the TV is on, even the Multiplex adapter. You think they would have shut off the components not necessary for the TV to work, but nobody worried about pulling 320 watts in a black and white TV back then, I guess. I am thrilled with how this project turned out and I thank you all for all you did.