View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 11:19 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crt89 View Post
Is anyone else into this? I find it enjoyable to try to find out where TV shows and movies were filmed. There is a lot more info on this on the internet these days. I like to find the places on Google Maps and see how they have changed compared to when they were in the show or movie. Some places change a lot, some look the same. It's especially neat when someone makes a trip and posts their own pictures of them.

Sometimes you'll get the information and it is vague, like just a road or area, and then you can go on Google Streetview and try to find the spot. It's a bit of an adventure.
That's an ace idea. Too bad someone torched the castle-like structure at Toronto's Jamie Bell Adventure Playground after Orphan was filmed. It was rebuilt but doesn't look the same. Part of it was filmed in Port Hope; exterior shots of the family's property and the bridge near the house I'm guessing.

Lots of movies are filmed in Southern Ontario and BC, probably cheaper that way. Filming anything where I am... well, it would save much more but any reputable production company wouldn't want to take the risk. I certainly don't blame them.