View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 05:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

They film a lot on the bike path route I take to Eldorado park in Long Beach CA and to the pier at Seal Beach. They built a copy of the Amityville Horror house next to the archery range in the park. I read on the internet that the owners of the original house back east wouldn't let anyone on their property because of all the tourists snooping around. They filmed an episode of the TV show Scorpian at the park lake. They brought in large fake Woolly Mammoths and lowered them into the edge of the lake with a crane. I think they wanted it to look like "La Brea Tar Pits". They filmed some WWI movie on the other side of the park. They built the front of a 14th century castle and had a lot of WWI period antique cars parked out front. They had two 1920s dressed folks sitting in a car on a flatbed trailor behind a camera truck. They drove around the park shooting the car drive with film cameras in the back of the truck pulling the trailor. They filmed American Sniper at the Seal Beach Pier and also at a local bar down there. They built carnival booths with night lights next to the pier. I didn't see the movie but a one trailor showed the sniper shooting targets at a Carnival. The film crews are usual pretty polite to people passing through. They did stop me on my bike from going through the bridge by the Wolly Mammoths; they said they had put explosive charges in the lake and didn't want them to accidentally go off. They had 2-3 fire trucks parked in the parking lot.
Audiokarma