View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 07:40 PM
Motorola Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgk283 View Post
Dave, the only reason it was moved to the garage is because I had so many other projects going on, it had nothing to do with not wanting to work on it. GEs aren't sets I have a lot of experience with so when you mentioned having interest in it I figured you should be the one it went to.
It has given me much to learn (again) as GE is a different animal. The focus, color and now convrgence problems were probably mounting and the original owner just decided to replace it when it was near impossible to watch anything like that. There was little evidence it was serviced except for some tubes and the tuner cover having the usual fingerprints on it

Your RCA CTC16s are quite impressive in comparison. I don't blame you for setting a limit to working on just them. I just bought a flyback for my CTC12 after looking for a long time.

One good thing about GE, fewer parts means fewer symptoms More pronounced failure symptoms help also.

The same cannot be said of Zenith sets from this era, which can really fool you with a very unusual symptom, not even a hard fail. I am sure many were trashed due to a bad part that no technician, used to RCA and thier clones, could find.

Last edited by DavGoodlin; 03-26-2017 at 07:57 PM.