View Single Post
Old 12-30-2023, 10:46 AM
VideoKarma Member

[QUOTE=

Mind you the loft antenna doesn't seem to be working after a lightning strike a few weeks ago that tripped the main circuit breaker, blew the internet modem/wi-fi box, blew two landline phones, broke a paving slab in two & melted & burnt an out door string of lights. We also have cable TV & that wasn't affected. Can get glitchy terrestrial digital reception by putting a piece of wire in TV antenna socket so know the TV is OK. Will have to buy/scrounge some co-ax & rewire my antenna, when I can be bothered that is...[/QUOTE]

They say lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place, well it has - sort of. The other night while in bed there was flashing & thunder & then a bright flash & almost instant bang, it didn't trip the circuit breaker this time. The wind was howling so got up to have a mug of co-co & noticed the modem was flashing red & cable TV didn't work. Phoned Virgin Media & it turns out the lightning had fried some gubbins inside their street cabinet down the road, they fixed it by 3 PM & all was then well. Can't find any other lightning damage so got away lightly this time. I'm dreading the next time we have a thunderstorm, lol...
Audiokarma