View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 09:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks, everyone. I'm gonna let your ideas percolate in my head. I've read that some bomb shelters are set up with electricity, so I might just have it wired with a regular console teevee and she can have her transistor radio on the side. While they'll be down there, it's not like there'll be an emergency or anything. She's just feigning being kidnapped and hiding out down there. My main character tracks her down and she ties him up. She has trouble with the tv but won't let my guy fix it. She'll have a gun on him as he directs her on how to fix the teevee. His goal will be to electrocute her unwittingly. Then he can hop to the phone (still tied up) and use his tongue to dial the operator for the police to rescue him.

But that's not going to be the climax. It would be nice to have a teevee explode. Maybe busting the picture tube so that it shatters into the bad guy. As you guys have explained, I'll need to get it done with the hero out of shatter range. The old burning candle under the rope holding the hammer over the picture tube trick might work. Ha!

Thanks again.