Thread: Help with ctc9
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 07:33 AM
VideoKarma Member

well sounds like what i have been going on with a ctc15 my hv wont go above 16-18kv. be aware dont run the focus coil in clockwise to much it will burn up, with the voltage rise and did you try using a crt tester to remove shorts in the crt, the little fuzzy like things that get in the way of the gun heaters but REMOVE SHORTS ONLY function only because what your saying says what i have been working on here with my ctc15 but i had other things going on with the set. i had the same with the red but the red always seems to be the tough color in an old crt.i had focus problems as well and also changed all caps but i am getting to the final problem. my crt also a 21fbp22 checked out super good but it also had the little shorts that had to be burned out which made a big difference. how is the 6bk4 regulator tube, try another? how about the rectifier tube, try another? there maybe a slight short on that gun since it would not hurt to check for shorts like i did you might be surprised as i was at the result, but again SHORTS ONLY do not use rejuvenator. i had a b&k 440 crt tester that i used. the emissions were good on mine but improved alot after removing shorts and my crt tester did not show any shorts within the crt because it depends on where they are and i showed nothing, but they were infact there. 21 kv is not all that bad since i think the norm could be 21-24 kv.i learned alot since joining this site from alot of members but of course some will tell you things that you should not do and it comes down to you making that choice as to which part of advice you will use. crt bias is it raised up or if the color is good adjust the guns but on the lower side. this thing i speak of with shorts in the crt that dont show, i was told this by a tech from the 60s that worked on these sets and he is the one that told me of this and that it wont hurt to check using the shorts only and sure enough it had some, little sparkers on each gun, one at a time. well i hope this helps alittle bit because im still weeding out a few things on my set, so i know whats happening there it can make you crazy like it has to me.