Thread: Akai VT-110
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 07:51 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuTELLO View Post
I understood what you meant! At least I know the heads and electronics will give me a picture. I was trying to see if I could find a soundtrack and get what I could of a video "sound" on an audio deck for my super nerdy glitch art project! Maybe I'll try the two deck experiment now but I'm ready to get the parts!

Can you help me with a list of part sized or do I have to look them up somewhere? Think I have an old book that lists this stuff but it's not here! Also, what was that about professional rebuilding just for tires? https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...m3RP79FY#t=593

Also really need to know the AV INputs even if the camera worked! I assume they're in the same place as the outputs. Labguy says paperclips are good but he didn't list the input pins for the 110.
Hi Lutello, I think you do need the service manual for your machine. You will find the answers to all your questions there - and most probably to questions you will have as you move forward into the job.

As regards the dimensions and roller diameters, and if they are not given in the service manual (they are for most belts) it is best to check yours with a calliper, if the shape is still ok and they haven't turned to goo. If it's not possible ask me and I'll measure them on my VT-120, but I cannot be 100% certain that they are exactly the same on both models.

For fixing the rubber rollers, send a mail to Terry. to describe yours and request a quote. If memory serves it will cost you $35 for each roller, plus shipping to your country.

As regards the pinout of the video connector, here's what the VT-120 service manual says. Very probably the same on the VT-110:
H = audio ground (shield)
D = video ground (shield)
J = audio out
F = video out
E = audio in (line level)
B = video in
A = ground
C = +9V (monitor power)