View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 12:09 AM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagecollect
Unfortunately where I live, most AM music stations are gone. There's no variety anymore for AM radio anymore, only talk shows and news progams with ONLY one music station left. Recentlty decided to stop collecting old radios since there's no need for 20 radios for such a limited medium.
I admit I'm a conservative talkshow junky myself but there are times I'd like to get away from all the news and stuff in the world and just put on some tunes on the AM radio. I used to listen to AM music a lot (I listen to the sound of 13Q!) when I was a kid in the 1970's. Pittsburgh used to have a good number of them. We still do have one in the Pittsburgh area that plays music that I like, 770 kc on the dial that I like to listen to until the sun goes down and WABC out of NYC "walks over" it. My grandfather's 1953 Philco 53-656 has an excellent tone and sound quality and even my 1965 Magnavox 8 transistor does well for it's size. I got the later at a garage sale for 3 bucks, can't beat that. Hearing music on AM brings back memories and a warm feeling in my heart.