Thread: New guy here
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 12:37 PM
2 many toys,Not enough $$

Sorry for such a long delay in replying guys,Been really busy with work. I go pick up the colorcaster tomorrow. The gentlemen I'm getting it from says its completely original,So it does need an electrical restoration and did mention that the set had its back off one day and was pushed into the wall so the tube needs re-built. I picked up a June 1984 Sears and Roebuck floor model set this week and works awesome,GREAT sound and great picture however the knobs are sensitive and it does need some minor work. I'll post a picture of my current collection up in a few minutes then tomorrow of the hoffman.

P.S. I forgot about my '66 Mercury Comet radio I have,I belive its a Philco model, Not entirely sure. Both radios are on top of the Packard set but I have clothes between the two, This is not How I will always have my "Toys" as my wife calls them. We are currently moving so I had to store them in the bedroom to get the out of the way. The Mercury radio is strickly show sadly. I bought it off a girl on E-bay few months ago and she mentioned it was in rough shape,didn't say how bad and the pictures didn't look all that bad,Once I got it home the tuner was rusted up badly,the tuner knob cannot work right due to all the rust on the end where it meets the tuner, I mean this poor thing in my opinion is beyond salvage and just display. I will post pics of the inside as well. However I can turn it on and get a spring in the back to get bright orange and begin to smoke. The light still works though.

Got the pix up;

Everything except Majestic and Hoffman Playing Honeymooners. ( And my Beagle trying to sleep while I take pictures.)

Packard and Sears Playing "A Christmas story"

The 1929 Majestic

Close up of radios and panasonic

Just the Packard

And the dreaded inside of the Mercury (Philco) radio

If you're wondering what the small tv looking thing with the shirt on it is,It is a small Tv/DVD/every other thing player is use to play DVDs on.

Last edited by Cruiseomatic; 12-25-2009 at 01:17 PM.